Sunday, October 24, 2004



DANCE IN THE STARLIGHT



Standing still as time passes me by,
I wait for azure to turn to ebony sky
For when the breeze shifts from sea to land,
I will lift my feet from their place in the sand.

I will run against the swift dusk breeze
Into the midst of the towering trees
And the life I breathe and the death I abhor
Will folloW my foosteps on the forest floor.

Run I will through the barricades of bark
As silence and stillness will continue to hark
Like the whisper of my long lost muse
For me to come there, I will not refuse!

For the wounds of my face can never heal
But my beauty beneath, the dark will reveal.
Though I am bound to sadness, far from grace
Free I will be in the night's gentle embrace.

I will reach the heart of the leafy intricacy
Where starlight floods down from broken canopy.
There I will, like a flower in May,
Unfurl myself from my grief in my day.

I will sway my arms, as do blades of grass
Under the mercy of everyday winds that pass.
However tired my feet, I'll step back and forth
Upon the firm but soothing forest earth.

Time will dictate the cadence of my dance.
Everything will move in a clockwork trance.
As the owl will watch, the foxes will stop
And join me in every skip and hop.

As I whirl, my tears will turn into mist
And be spun at every turn of my wrist
Into a veil to drape me and in its embrace
Relieve my soul from pain's every trace.

The stars will shift to the beat of the night
As I will dance away my sorrow and my fright
But every dark night the dawn will cut like a knife
To let me live again in my unending strife.

Standing still as time passes me by,
I wait for azure to turn to ebony sky
For when the night comes to hide my scars,
I will take my place amidst the stars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home