Friday, May 14, 2004



DJINN



The sands shift as I tip my hourglass.
Ah, it has been a while since we met,
He, the master of me, the djinn in my mind.

As I watch the grains slowly trickle down
The bottleneck, yes, I remember him well,
He, laughing condescendingly, the djinn in my mind,

For like a spirit, he comes to me
But bids me farewell the instant he came.
He, always transient, the djinn in my mind.

Yet, I run into him in my every step
Here in this lifeless desert for a city,
He, the omnipotent, the djinn in my mind,

Because I know, he is bound to me so
By the threads of love and fate intertwining.
He, forever my slave, the djinn in my mind,

For in me, he seeks my comforting
And in him, I wait for love to grow,
He, forever my love, the djinn in my mind.

Now, I wait for him to come and kiss me,
And fall with me into our love's treacherous depth,
He, the magnificent, the djinn in my mind.

In each other's grasp, we are one and same,
Insanely a single heartfelt entity,
He, always with me, the djinn in my mind.

In flowing whispers to each, we tell
Of the flame in our hearts we have sown.
He, granting one wish, the djinn in my mind.

To that, wishing that I he wouldn't forget,
Even though I was never a lass.
He, of Adam like me, the djinn in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home